I’d like to start this post off with a huge thank you to Kaylee at Mama & More for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I am touched to be an inspiration to others and honored to have been chosen. If you haven’t checked out Kaylee’s blog, head on over there. She’s got some great pieces on mom life and a variety of cool projects to try out.The basis of the Sunshine Blogger Award is to recognize bloggers who are positive, creative, and inspiring. It is also a way to bring recognition to so many talented and dedicated bloggers.
There are a few rules to the Sunshine Blogger award and nominations. They are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to her /his blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the awards and ask them 11 questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger award logo in your post on your blog.
My 11 Questions:
1. If you could choose any superpower, what would it be?
I love pondering this question and I actually just wrote about it not too long ago as a part of Vogue’s 73 Questions. I used to think mind reading would be super cool, but have since decided that humans aren’t nearly as fascinating as we like to think we are. So, I think I’d like to either fly or be a shapeshifter. There’s a freedom in both powers that just seems exciting to me.
2. As a child, what did you dream of doing for a living?
Well, as a very young one I was involved in gymnastics and thought I’d grow up and be a gold medalist in the Olympics. Turns out a learning-to-walk toddler has more coordination in his pinky toe than I have in my whole body. So, then I thought I’d be a veterinarian for a bit. Oddly enough, you have to actually like animals for that. I’ve found my love for animals is really only exclusive to my own. It’s a lot like kids. I love mine to pieces, but I only tolerate others when I absolutely have to. (And don’t lie, we all know you feel the same way.)
I’m still waiting for my dream of being an unemployed billionaire to come true.
3. What are your top five blogging necessities?
Well, I just recently joined Elite Blog Academy (EBA) in the hopes to someday make a living as an entrepreneur and blogger. I would list that as a necessity simply because I don’t think I’ve found anything as comprehensive as this course and I think it’s already improved my blog drastically.
As far as necessities would go: a computer is essential as is wordpress with self hosting (I use siteground). You also need a good niche to write about that you absolutely love and could talk about endlessly. Lastly, it helps to have an interest in writing. If you don’t, you will never make it as a blogger.
If you’re asking about top tools: Tailwind, Canva, WordPress + Siteground, Google Analytics, EBA, not necessarily in that order.
4. What is one interesting thing about you that most people don’t know?
I am an introvert by nature, though I work extra hard to appear otherwise.
5. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
I think it would be pretty awesome to travel around the world at my leisure. There’s a lot of history all over the world I’d like to witness for myself.
6. What’s your favorite show to binge watch on Netflix of Hulu?
Realistically, my son owns my television for now. We have only recently upgraded from Shrek to Coco. I haven’t really binge watched anything since The Bullshit series on Hulu, though I usually watch Netflix or Youtube over Hulu. I’m much more of a documentary lover than anything else. Sad I missed out on Shark Week.
7. If you had to go back in time and pick your college major, what would you choose?
Actually, I majored in psychology and criminology during undergrad and went on to get a PhD in psychology. I changed my major twice before settling on those degrees, so I’m content with those choices. I suppose if I changed anything, I would change all the time wasted on the previous two majors.
8. What’s your favorite blog post to date?
Well, I try very hard to make my content useful for others. I’d like to say I have a variety of decent posts which makes this a tough question for me. How about this: my current favorite is one of my more controversial posts, as it’s about our decision not to circumcise our son. It was also one of my first content building assignments in EBA and I worked extra hard on it. The one to date that has been the most fun to write was Vogue’s 73 Questions.
9. What is one way you relieve stress at the end of the day?
I love vegging out at the end of the day and just watching some television with the hubby or surfing the web on my phone. I go to bed relatively early, most days, so I only get an hour or two at most to relax once Bean is in bed.
10. If there was one thing you could tell yourself five years ago, what would it be?
Get your health on board girl, because having kids really takes a toll on your body later on and it adds to your mom guilt. Trust me, it’s so much better to get it done before you have your kids.
11. What do you love most about yourself?
My independence and drive to succeed at whatever I set as my goal. When I decide I’m going to do something, I make it happen and nobody can stop me. This can be good and bad, but I like to think of it as a mostly positive trait.
As I am still relatively new to the blogging scene, I don’t have a ton of followers on social media. However, there have been a few blogs that have been very influential and inspiring. These people more than deserve this nomination.
Your 11 Questions:
- What motivated you to start blogging?
- You are the lucky master of a genie and you get 3 wishes. What are they? (No extra wishes or genies allowed, you cheater).
- If you could travel to any period of time in the past, when would it be and why?
- If there was one thing you could change from your past, what would it be?
- What is you biggest struggle right now?
- What inspires you to be better?
- Pepsi or Coke? I have to know if we can really be friends or not.
- When was the last time you cried?
- Of these options, which animal do you most identify with: eagle, lion, turtle, chameleon? Why?
- What current trend do you think should die already?
- What would you do if you were given 1 million dollars?
I’d like to thank Mama & More once more for the nomination and all my nominees for writing great content and inspiring me to become a better blogger!